Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Potty Training: 10 Things Parents Don't Tell You.
Hello minions, it's a "Monday" on Tuesday and I'm sure you're all dreading getting back to the norm. We spent our long weekend in the pool and watching movies, it was as relaxing as life gets with three little ones. My sister also had her first baby over the weekend and I could write a whole lot about that and why it's the reason pigs might be flying over your house and Hells frozen over.
Instead, I decided to push my ill feelings toward that subject aside and give you a post on things people don't tell you about potty training, so here we go...
2. Owning a carpet cleaner, spot cleaner or something of this nature is SUPER handy for those potty training with carpeted areas. If you want to straight up stop using diaper during the day then get use to scrubbing the floor or your house smelling like pee. Thank you Bissell, I don't know what I'd do without a carpet cleaner. (House full of hard floors but they always manage to get the carpet.)
3. Your toilet has always been a germ factory but now it's a million times worse. Be prepared to clean a lot of toilet/bathroom areas. It doesn't matter if you use a potty chair or a potty seat, either way there is extra clean up. With the potty chair, you have to break it down and clean it. The potty seat is a bit more user friendly for the parents by taking the "potty bowl" cleaning out of the picture. However, as I said before you have the pee mist to clean from the seat after every use but it gets worse! When using the potty seat the child has to jump off or step down from the potty. This often leads to the child getting down before wiping and in the case of poo....it leads to a big mess down your toilet. YAY!! Poop patrol! My favorite......said no mom ever.
4. If your child wants to potty train but loves to wear pants...watch out. Not only do you have the hassle of getting two garments out of the way, you also feed the laundry monster. I swear laundry doubles when you're potty training.
5. BEWARE of the hands! We all know that little fingers are "iffy" to say the least. They touch every thing and lets face it....boogers are not off limits for these little guys. When you bring potty training into play....you also plant an "unknown to you" seed that grows their curiosity of the body. This means looking at and of course finding ways to touch themselves. It's normal but it's gross when you consider all the things kids touch. This now means that your kids may as well be rubbing their butts on everything they touch....it's basically the same. Purell and hand wipes are now your new best friends.
6. Your child has interest in the potty, you begin placing/holding them on the big potty. Then you decide to buy a potty chair for them, (in my case a cars potty) since they are so interested and it would be easier for them to use. Only, surprise, surprise, they now don't want to use the potty. The chairs cool but they suddenly have no want to use the potty......it happens, back to square one.
7. Boys don't care as much about sitting in their own mess as girls do. They don't mind peeing on themselves as much and it certainly doesn't slow them down. Forever I was told that boys are the easiest to train, I think this is total bull. My girl was way easier and quicker to train, they care so much more about not sitting in wet, nasty clothes.
8. When you're potty training outside the home, bring clothes for yourself as well. The day you don't bring a change of clothes is the day your child pees or worse.....poos all over you.
9. Don't be surprised to find your potty training toddler in the corner, pants down and pooping in a bucket. Potty chairs and buckets look a lot alike and for some reason, seem like a good place to go when your two and the mood strikes you.
10. Ok, face it. Men love their penises and so do little boys. They all like to see how far they can pee or who can write their name in what. This unfortunately includes the "can I make into the sink" game. Just wait until you walk in on your toddler standing on a stack of books, trying to arch his way into victory.
Welcome to the nuthouse, where the walls are covered in poo, cups occasionally get peed in and mental break-downs are common. It definitely isn't a place for the weak but those who succeed will be rewarded greatly. After all, what better reward then never having to wipe someone else's butt again....you know, if you make it through. Haha
Posts my minions love
Hiya Snappers! Welcome back for week #11 of the Tattler Thursday Blog Hop! It's time to tattle and hop! It's a share your crazy, gr...
(Catch up with post 1: A Wife's Good-bye. (A Entry to My Husband.) ) Hi honey, I was unsure as to how I should start this guide...
Helllllloooooo Nurse!! Wait? Wrong place. Hello Minions!! Don't refresh the page, don't adjust your screens.....this isn't a tr...
Hiya Snappers! Welcome back to the 29th week of the Tattler Thursday Blog and Social Network Hop! It's time to tattle and hop! ...